Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Data Product Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Support and deliver project activities related to Data Domain Data Products, supporting the overall data strategy and adoption of data platforms such as the Data Domain Platform (DDP) and Quantum.
* Support the design, development and testing of data pipelines to make information and data available to key stakeholders and technical interfaces with a view to ensuring maximum efficiency and reliability.
* Provide support for Data Products to rectify defects in a timely fashion as and when identified.
* Ensure that good design and solution documentation on Data Product data lineage and transformations are maintained and kept up to date. Ensure each Data Product is catalogued in company systems (Purview, Data Galaxy).
* Support the delivery of the Digital Twin systems data sets providing support as required to ensure tasks are delivered effectively.
* Work on innovative use cases/projects to improve data quality and accessibility including for AI use
o Develop and maintain ETL pipelines and workflows
o Prepare and transform data for migration\consumption, implementing data quality checks
o Create technical documentation
o Build scripts and queries to ease/improve data management activity (Python, SQL). Manage GitHub libraries.
* Engage with data domain owners to ensure mandatory scopes are planned and completed within defined timescales.
* Identify, design and implement internal process improvements, automating manual processes and optimising data delivery
* Work closely with the internal Data Governance and IS Teams to ensure compliance with best practice and alignment with strategy and processes.
* Work with stakeholders to assist and provide input with data-related requirements to enhance business performance and support their data needs.
* Promote the use of the Data Platforms and tooling for Data Transparency. Communicate progress to key stakeholders.
* Provides the engineering expertise to data domains and consuming teams on how to create and use data products.
* Provide guidance and mentoring for colleagues and drive upskilling and awareness in data understanding, interpretation and insights
Experience & Qualifications:
* At least a BSc degree in Engineering domain, Data management or Computer Science disciplines with relevant professional experience or relevant work experience in an oil Exploration & Production environment
* Technical skills and a good understanding of data modelling, management, and analysis techniques. Experience of working within a Power BI based reporting environment.
* Excellent knowledge of ETL tools and scripting: Python, SQL, Great Expectations
* Experience of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (Microsoft Azure components) specifically Azure Data Factory \ Azure Functions
* Python, SQL scripting; working experience in large-scale data wrangling with relational databases and/or Spark.
* Good level of knowledge of data governance and control tools (cataloguing, lineage, Purview, quality, etc.).
* Behavioral skills: self-motivated, autonomy, open-mindedness, adaptability, achievement orientation, team player
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069506.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.