Contract Length: 18 months
Location: Reading (1-2 days/week on site [non-negotiable])
- Complying with appropriate procedures, processes and systems to ensure the quality and consistency of data.
- Supporting the preparation, monitoring and control of forecasts and budgets for specified projects, including change control.
- Support system interrogation and performance measurement of actual expenditure and performance, including accruals where necessary.
- Provide input to cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings as necessary.
- Perform and support other Cost Engineer requirements as requested.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Support detailed SPI, CPI variance analysis and root cause analysis, including input to the narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales.
- Support the creation of the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and assist the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Providing data for benchmarking information to meet specific needs.
- Support trended data to assist the Project Manager based on performance to date and seek emerging trends to aid recommendations.
- Review manpower productivity and time bookings to projects including resource usage vs. planned, identify resource constraints, etc. and support recommendations to the Project Manager.
- Project based cost engineering experience
- NEC3/ NEC4 Contract experience
- Able to manipulate data
- Understands schedules
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience of writing reports and analysing figures
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.