Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Contract Specialists, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide expert advice and guidance on contractual matters, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
* Draft, review, and finalise contracts and agreements, including processing amendments and variations, while obtaining internal approvals in a timely manner.
* Oversee the creation and issuance of purchase orders, as well as manage any purchase order variations in compliance with established procedures.
* Maintain effective communication and collaboration with the Integrated Service Provider (ISP), addressing sub-contractor management issues, contract variation requests, and extensions in accordance with the ISP contract.
* Undertake administrative tasks related to contract placement and management, such as record-keeping, reporting, and document control.
* Support the ongoing management of contractors, fostering strong working relationships, monitoring performance, and ensuring contract compliance.
* Adhere to the company's Anti-Bribery and Corruption (A.B.C.) Policy, promoting a culture of ethical business conduct.
* Perform other ad hoc tasks of a contracting or commercial nature as deemed appropriate from time to time.
* Contribute to and lead, when required, the development and maintenance of the company's contracting and procurement plan, aligning it with the organisation's strategic objectives.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop contracting strategies and tender plans that support the successful execution of projects and the attainment of business goals.
* Lead or actively participate in the tendering, evaluation, and negotiation process for contract awards, ensuring transparency, fairness, and adherence to supply chain rules, procedures, limits of authority, and industry codes of conduct.
* Contribute to or lead negotiations with suppliers and contractors, aiming for favourable terms and conditions that mitigate risks and ensure value for money.
* Mitigate contractual and commercial risks associated with the company's activities by considering legal implications and engaging legal counsel as necessary.
* Ensure that technical documentation reflects the appropriate commercial and contractual provisions, safeguarding the company against undue risk.
* Align contracting and procurement activities with the business needs outlined in the annual business plan.
* Incorporate and promote the company's values throughout all aspects of the role, including interactions with colleagues, stakeholders, and contractors.
* Demonstrate full compliance with the company's health, safety, and environment policies applicable to an onshore role.
* Proactively promote a safe and environmentally responsible work culture within the contracting and procurement function.
* Collaborating effectively within a team environment.
* Building strong and constructive working relationships with a wide range of individuals within and outside the local organisation.
* Openly and effectively sharing information with the wider organisation in support of overall business goals.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Honours degree qualified in Law/Business Management, or equivalent time in the oil & gas industry.
* Relevant Oil and Gas industry experience preferably gained through working within an Operator or contractor environment.
* Experience in dealing with external stakeholders/suppliers.
* Preferable office-based experience in an SCM (Supply Chain Management) function.
* Strong organisational and planning skills.
* Self-motivated, with the ability to work under own initiative but also as part of a team.
* Ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet demanding targets and work to tight deadlines.
* Results-oriented and commercially astute.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Always demonstrates professional behaviours with functional departments, the company's Leadership Team, and external Third-Party Contractors.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/066623.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.