- Posted 28 October 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Commercial and Project Integration Adviser, based in Aberdeen.
* Work collaboratively with the VNZ leadership team to develop and implement the integrated commercial and technical strategy aimed at attracting new sources of CO2 to the V Net Zero transportation and storage system, including pipeline and ship-based modes of transport.
* Working together with the wider V Net Zero team, facilitating the development and implementation of an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach for the assessment, selection and high grading of new sources of CO2 in compliance with V Net Zero system requirements.
* Working together with the wider V Net Zero team, maintaining an integrated view of system constraints over life of system and future expansion opportunities.
* Represent the company in discussions with potential new capture customers.
* Working with the Commercial Manager - Energy Transition, develop, negotiate and subsequently manage appropriate commercial agreements to secure new sources of CO2 complying with V Net Zero system requirements, including (but not limited to) study agreements, non-disclosure agreements, memorandums of understanding and collaboration agreements.
* Work collaboratively with the economics team to develop an economic model to support the appraisal of regulated, merchant and hybrid models of transport and storage.
* Liaise effectively with potential shipping partners on development of a UK and European CO2 shipping framework.
* Represent the company in UK regulatory and general industry forums as appropriate.
* Support the Commercial Manager in preparation of necessary materials for partner committee meetings.
* Together with the V Net Zero communications lead, working with Investor Relations, Public Affairs and Communications to ensure accuracy and consistency of public and stakeholder messaging (both internal and external) and development of branding.
* Supporting the preparation of materials for the company's stage gate process and associated assurance requirements relating to the integration of new sources of CO2.
* Supporting budget and schedule management relating to the works required for integration of new sources of CO2.
* Develop and maintain competitor awareness and analysis on transport and storage providers and analysis of capture demand pathways (decarbonised power, hydrogen, industrial, greenhouse gas removals) to inform future project strategy.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified with a broad experience base across both operational and functional areas and/or within multi-disciplinary teams underpinned by a core commercial or business development skillset.
* Self-driven and results orientated with a commercial mind-set, agility and a focus on performance as well as problem solving.
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to develop an effective team and working relationships with key stakeholders.
* Influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills, including demonstrated experience in managing multi-disciplined commercial negotiations.
* Ability to recognise links between wide ranging commercial and technical issues with the skill to develop overviews and propose solutions under changing circumstances with a solid understanding of economic implications of decision making.
* Sound communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to form strong and trusting working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and to influence and motivate individuals to work together in pursuit of team goals.
* An awareness of the evolving CCUS regulatory and policy landscape
* Awareness of company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS).
* Awareness of company's Values & Business Principles.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/056232.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.