Senior Commercial Advisor
- Posted 06 July 2022
- Salary Neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Commercial Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Develops and implements commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the Company's current and future business needs ensuring wider organisational buy-in / support is achieved.
* Takes a proactive role in the assessment / negotiation of commercial matters in the review / interpretation / negotiation / preparation of commercial matters of joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, pipeline agreements, product sales contracts, third party access requests. Can assess path forward on own judgement / initiative.
* Co-ordinates activities of other departments e.g. Legal, Development Engineering, Engineering & Subsea to ensure that Operated / Non-Operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the Company's best interests and that the Operator is applying sound operating and maintenance procedures.
* Prepare for / design / co-ordinate commercial meetings. Represents the Company at relevant meetings (J.V. sessions, OpComs, FinComs, etc.) - ensuring the Company's best interests are protected and promoted. Prepares minutes / meeting notes / documenting discussions / key activity / recommendations.
* Ensures company senior management are fully appraised of all key issues / emerging situations / strategic options, etc. Set up / prepare / present on same. Propose suitable path(s) forward. Deliver on same.
* Puts in place / manages all oil and gas sales contracts and ensures the Company complies with the terms and requirements of the agreements. Ensures suitable procedures are always in place and updated (all compliant with DoA Requirements).
* Participates in industry fora, attends conferences, seminars and networking events to ensure company maintains appropriate representation within the industry.
* Provides advice and guidance on commercial matters to colleagues, senior management / co-ventures' / external stakeholders in line with UK and global business and commercial strategies.
* For non-operated interests, review, evaluates and documents options for maintenance, field development, requests for expenditure, budget recommendations, etc. received from the Operator. Ensure that a full audit trail (meeting notes, minutes, recorded actions etc.) is maintained to support company's preferred path forward.
* Prepares requests for expenditure / ensures requests are aligned with budgets for approval by partners and works with partner group to gain support of same.
* Provides input to e.g. the business plan, asset plans and annual budgets and secures partner support for annual budgets for partners.
* Proactively prepares / presents proposed commercial recommendations / options to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
* Maintains a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensures company management are properly briefed on all developments.
* Maintains a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial activities.
* Assists Legal and HSSEQ departments to monitor all statutory requirements for a UK Operator and helps maintain the Company's licence to operate.
* Support delivery of business efficiency initiatives (e.g. Energy Institute activities).
* Where required / invited, attend and participate in external leadership sessions.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree (ideally a minimum of a 2.1) or equivalent in a business, technical or engineering discipline
* Experience at an equivalent level in a commercial role with an Operator - ideally in the U.K.
* Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility - internally and externally.
* Good negotiating skills - practical experience of negotiating and executing oil and gas industry contracts and agreements, with sound understanding of risk / reward and evaluation same to determine acceptable negotiation outcome ranges / understanding of the value of all "trading chips".
* Knowledge of applicable UK law and fiscal regime for oil and gas developments.
* Able to exercise sound judgement / know when to ask for advice and guidance.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
* Capable of designing, facilitating and leading / managing meetings, developing action plans, etc.
* Conversant with a range of industry-specific agreements, contractual terms, frameworks for commercial developments, etc.
* Understanding of prevailing commercial environment of UKCS - namely :
* Commercial Code of Practice
* Code of Practice governing Infrastructure Access and associated industry guidance notes
* OPRED/BEIS Guidance for determining terms of Access
* Role of Commercial Champion
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055114.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.