We have a current opportunity for a Senior Coastal Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Hampshire with an international and industry leading energy business. The company performs a key role in developing projects and providing expert engineering support to energy projects around the globe.
A Coastal Maritime Senior Engineer is required to support the development of new projects in the Coastal/Nearshore areas worldwide and to provide technical leadership within the discipline. Supporting review and monitoring of currently ongoing EPC projects for the design of new Coastal Marine Facilities.
Candidate must be highly experienced in the design of Coastal Marine Facilities and conversant with the main international design codes, standards and guidelines.
Significant experience of detail design and construction of Coastal Marine Facilities would be a major advantage for this position, in particular:
* Preparation of technical specifications.
* Preparation of Basis of Design and Design Criteria typically including: Site characterization data of the coastal area; Atmospheric and metocean data; Soil characteristics; Design loads and load combinations; Reference to calculation codes, International standards and guidelines (i.e., British Standards,
Eurocodes, API, AISC, ACI, PIANC, OCIMF, etc.).
* Development of calculation procedures for structural, Geotechnical and hydraulic design of Coastal Marine Structures.
* Design of steel and reinforced concrete elements for Coastal Marine Structures, including Finite element calculation models
* Geotechnical design of piled foundations, gravity-based structures, retaining walls, backfilling and land reclamations.
* Lead the Design execution assuring compliance with COMPANY specifications and relevant applicable international Standards.
* Direct the team in the Design execution and completion.
* Check and review the Deliverable(s).
* Monitor and control the Design progress and schedule.
* Ensure compliance with all interfaces and supervise in/out information flow.
* Supervision activities and/or field engineering activities during the construction and installation of Marine Structures.
* Documented experience in the development of meteomarine, Coastal and hydraulic studies including:
Metocean input data definition; Metocean studies;
Marine coastal and hydraulic studies
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.