Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior CFR Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible to deliver the NNS Asset CFR Roadmap, which maps out the methods, projects and phasing implementation required to achieve the asset CO2e reduction targets, as well as estimates of GHG emissions savings and resulting impact on installation GHG intensity; regularly update the roadmap according to the progression of CFR Projects
* Identification of the most cost-effective CFR projects in terms of economic and environmental performances, and $ per tonne of CO2e reduction
* Provide input into the Corporate Long Term Plan process, in conjunction with the Asset LTP Co- Ordinator
* Detailed level knowledge of all CFR projects in the asset.
* Co-ordination of Asset ideas creation workshops (e.g., ideas, screening, technology etc.),
* Perform high level screening of Environmental Projects which could reduce CO2e generation of the NNS operating assets, with initial priority on low and no cost projects, and projects which minimize energy consumption and promote energy efficiency improvements
* Participation with the corporate teams and other assets at CFR workshops, and with HQ CFR teams, in order to share best practices
* Report the progress of CFR projects to the Asset management, highlighting performance according to the roadmap, and identification of resources required to keep on track
* Launch the technical studies required to develop the screened projects up to & including RFM stage or Project sanction, depending on the project complexity. This includes coordinating the various engineering disciplines for internally managed projects, managing external resources, or support from OneTech, dependent on the route taken to develop.
* Prepare the annual budget for CFR studies & projects, and closely monitor spend and follow-up of activities. Ensure that deadlines and budgets are met, and that the quality assurance process is maintained.
* Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive RFM dossiers associated with CFR projects, and effective handover to asset Engineering & Reliability Team or 3rd Party Engineering Company for detailed engineering and implementation.
* According to the complexity of the project, prepare project SOR, in line with Petroleum Architect duties.
* Prepare scopes of work for 3rd party vendor / consultancy services to carry out study and modification work as part of CFR perimeter.
* Undertake technical bid evaluations on 3rd party proposals
* Provide support for preparation of SAP requisitions for the procurement of materials and 3rd party services.
* Manage the interface between 3rd parties, SMART room & site operations.
* Monitor progress of 3rd parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution of issues.
* Propose and justify modifications to reduce CO2 emissions & optimize energy intensity performance.
* Provide support to the site and to Maintenance and Inspection discipline engineers to ensure timely and effective delivery of modifications, including initiation of cases, design, and engineering, assisting with the preparation of work packs, implementation on site and close-out.
* Provide input to Smart Room / Ops team on short term optimization to reduce CO2e and improve energy efficiencies
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with asset site personnel, other companies' business units and 3rd party contractors and vendors through effective communication and where possible site visits
Experience & Qualifications:
* MSc/BSc (Hons) Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent.
* Relevant engineering experience in oil and gas process / production or refining, with knowledge of offshore process and production systems, and industry norms and specifications.
* Good knowledge of emission reduction initiatives and the latest low carbon technologies and how these can be integrated in the design and evaluated.
* Management and Interpersonal Skills:
-Highly motivated self-starter, proactive and flexible
-Uses initiative to get things done and able to respond positively to challenge and ad-hoc requests
-High standard of written and oral communication
-Able to work collaboratively in a team
-Strives for continuous improvement; identifies solutions and constantly seeks new and better ways to work
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064022.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.