Senior CAD Designer - Mechanical
- Posted 16 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We have a current opportunity for a Senior CAD Designer - Mechanical on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Surrey at a growing business. Great opportunity for very long term work.
Senior CAD Designer - Mechanical
you will be responsible for:
- Coordination of workload to meet schedule, quality, and budget requirements together with timely reporting on status and progress for themselves and for members of their team who may be in the UK or overseas.
- Acting as lead designer on major projects or several small projects. Responsible for the work of less experienced designers working on their project.
- Collaborating closely with other engineering functions and coordinating multi-functional reviews of designs.
- Liaising with other design sections and process to agree interface details on manufacturing drawings. Take the initiative in resolving interface problems.
- Liaising with manufacturing & vessel engineers to agree design details and manufacturing methods etc.
- Controlling the design work hours incurred on projects that are their responsibility, anticipate workforce requirements and highlight scope and design variations in accordance with Air Products procedures.
- Reviewing manufacturing drawings using established check lists where available and supervise drawing reviews carried out by less experienced designers.
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in the use of Bentley MicroStation would be an advantage, however, other CAD experience will be considered.
- Must be aware pressure vessel and regional design codes (ASME, PED, CE Marking, UKCA)
- Experience with equipment in cryogenic service is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience producing equipment setting plans, general arrangement drawings and detailed fabrication drawings.
- Working understanding and use of business management systems and the document lifecycle typical of an engineering organisation.
- A demonstrable understanding of cross-functional interfaces and overcoming the associated challenges in an engineering/design environment for process facilities.
- Experience leading or supervising other designers both in the UK and overseas.
- Well-organised and enthusiastic with a sound mechanical engineering background.
- Highly competent written and spoken communication and able to use a range of standard software such as MS Word and MS Excel.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.