- Posted 13 June 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our Oil & Gas Operator client is seeking an experienced Senior Accounts Payable Clerk for an immediate start role for an initial period of 6 months with the potential to go staff.
Candidates must have previous oil & gas accounts payable experience and ideally have used SAP/Sun finance systems.
* Co-ordinate with Accounts Payable Supervisor & AP Team to ensure all duties are completed
* efficiently and in line with process controls.
* Act as point of contact for all supplier queries along with managing the AP email inbox on a daily
* *Recording and Processing purchase invoices in EAM or SUN including obtaining coding information
* and reviewing due dates.
* Record, check and assist in the processing of cash and credit card expenses.
* Co-ordinate invoice approval process ensuring approvals obtained in a timely manner and in
* adherence to delegation of authority.
* Perform supplier call back checks to ensure bank details provided by any new suppliers are correct.
* Assist in generating weekly payment runs.
* Provide information on purchase invoices due for payment for weekly cash flow forecast.
Accounting & Statutory Reporting
* Assist in the monthly accounts payable close process, including ensuring all invoices and bank
* payments have been posted in Sun.
* Participate in year-end statutory audit by providing information as required.
Business Performance & Planning
* Monthly reporting of aged creditors and preparation of accounts payable reconciliation.
* Continual monitoring of the supplier balances within Sun, to ensure these agree to supplier
* statements and that system control processes are being followed.
Projects & Due Diligence
* Ad-hoc finance dept and general office support as required and supported by AP Supervisor.
Systems & Controls
* Ensure integrity of ledger by building checks and reconciliations.
* Provide support for all system changes and upgrades.
* Assist in the implementation of a purchase to pay process.
* Provide ongoing support to other users.
* Promote strong financial control environment by adhering to all policies and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Knowledge of SAP and SUN System for AP processing is preferrable.
* Experience of EAM supply Chain interface with SUN would be an advantage.
* Strong team player.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/055246.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.