Senior Account Executive Solar
- Posted 17 February 2023
- Salary US$130000 - US$160000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy
- Contact NameNikki Howieson
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Account Executive Solar on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Houston, TX. For further information about this position please apply.
The focus for the Senior Account Executive is to meet and exceed annual goals selling directly to customers within the large-scale public and enterprise segments. The successful candidate will:
- Engage with senior level decision makers from large public and multi-national enterprises with substantial energy spend and revenue to deliver s energy solutions, including solar, battery storage and EV charging infrastructure.
- Identify, pursue and develop long-term relationships with senior customer decision-makers, build an understanding of their key business objectives and challenges, and then work to customize s solutions that maximize customer value.
- Develop short, medium and long-term strategies to engage assigned accounts, including a comprehensive plan for meeting goals for strategic accounts
- Drive customer engagement from initial meetings, conceptual pitches to firm bids and contract execution while championing the value of 's products and services
- Help generate RFP opportunities, lead structuring of 's responses, direct, prepare for and lead customer shortlist interviews, and follow up with customers and consultants after presentations
- Be able to succinctly explain the full economic, strategic, and environmental value provided by 's solutions
- Manage the internal customer project sales cycle, including internal project teams and associated support functions, from award to contract execution.
- Lead internal teams to garner investment approvals needed to implement our projects
- Actively manage pipeline via 's CRM platform
- Maintain knowledge of federal and state clean energy regulations and incentives, solar economic market trends, customer requirements and key competitor activities
- Requires account management skills and demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to identify customer needs and harness market opportunities for developing business proposals that convey the value of Total Energies' products and services.
- Skilled negotiator with track record of closing deals and managing through complex challenges.
- Strong client management skills. Must be able to present strategic solutions to senior-level decision makers (i.e.CEOS,CFOS) and other key buyers/decision makers.
- Knowledgeable of energy markets, utility tariffs and experience helping organizations manage their energy spend and implement carbon reduction initiatives.
- Understanding of rooftop, parking canopy, ground mount solar PV, EV and battery storage project development, from system design and engineering to utility interconnection, construction and general 0&M
- Familiarity with all facets of project development activities, including securing land, title, permit, interconnection and offtake agreements.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- A high level of energy, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- A positive attitude and a strong desire to win without compromising quality and customer satisfaction
- Strong communication skills in all forms-written, oral, email, presentation, and other non-verbal forms of communication.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Define, track, and interpret key metrics to measure sales and customer success
- Be an active participant and contributor in monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts
- Minimum five years of professional experience in sales and/or account management with multimillion-dollar portfolios and successful track record of meeting annual sales goals and closing business with complex enterprises.
- Minimum five years of experience in the Energy sector
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more industry segments (i.e. Industrial, Real Estate, Health Care, Education)
- Independent, seasoned sales person with strong background in consultative and value-based selling.
- Experience negotiating various contract structures for on and off-site solar contracts, including but not limited to: PPAS, Leases, EPC Contracts, Contract for Differences and Virtual PPAS
- Experience with, and ability to manage, complex financial models
Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university in business, finance, engineering, or related field
Up to 25% of the time, however requirement may increase based upon business need
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.