Contract Length: 18 months
Location: Reading/WFH (Expected to attend site for onsite meetings)
- Have you got experience with DBA (Design Basis Assessment)?
- Have you got experience with probabilistic safety assessment?
- What is your experience with Hazard Identification?
Manages and advises in the assessment of nuclear, explosive and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product. Develops strategies for the development of safety assessments (safety case/safety basis/risk assessments). Completes complex safety analyses, assessments and associated documentation.
- Lead and manages a team at functional level to deliver team and personal objectives meeting operational plan capability plans.
- Sets direction and develops a shared understanding of individual's roles in delivering the client's vision and strategy.
- Manages the technical input to the planning and production of safety assessments and justifications.
- Delivers safety assessments and other technical inputs to safety documentation to agreed quality and delivery standards.
- Provides technical input to the production of company policy, guidance and strategy to agreed delivery standards.
- Produces risk assessments and other technical inputs to safety justifications for a range of facilities, including radioactive, explosives and chemical plant.
- Monitors the use of risk assessment methods and technique.
- Provides technical input to the design and/or delivery of technical training.
- Coaches others in the use of relevant safety assessment techniques.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensuring that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for safety are communicated and understood.
- Take ownership of safety documentation as directed by Group Leader, Nuclear Safety.
- Chair HAZOP Meetings.
- Lead in the production of safety justification, documentation as per the latest MSPs.
- Promote relevant good practice with the Safety Assessment Specialism i.e. SHAZOP, MSCR, OSCAR etc.
- Contributing to processes that assess performance of the development and use of safety assessments and Licence Condition compliance and identify where improvements could be made.
- Coaching graduates, early career and SAS Assessors in safety assessment approaches and techniques.
- To present and/or attend conferences on behalf of SESH and the client in line with work requirements.
- To assist in verifying and checking safety documentation.
- Maintaining and promoting high standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality.
- Design Basis Assessment
- HAZARD Identification
- HAZAN experience
- Nuclear safety case writing
- Nuclear background - nuclear safety cases or nuclear safety assessments
- Ability to technically write safety case documents
- Manage and work with delivery partners - strong stakeholder skills at all levels
- Degree or equivalent in a science-based subject - Desirable // experience over qualification is acceptable
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.