Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameGary Chapman
We have a current opportunity for a Rotating Equipment Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Milan so candidates must have the right to live and work in the EU. For further information about this position please apply.
This is a role working directly for the owner/operator on a Major capital LNG Project. Candidates must have recent relevant experience.
* Assure the Rotating Equipment discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 3,000 technical documents.
* Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
* Perform the review of Rotating Equipment detailed engineering works (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, discipline requirements and international codes.
* Identify any deviation from the Project Basis of Requirements and reporting these to the Lead Rotating Equipment engineer.
* Offer technical support to the replies to Contractor and Vendors clarifications and derogations requests.
* Participate, in coordination, with Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and execution. To attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
* Assist with the review of the other discipline deliverables and participate to HAZOPs.
* Report to the Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer any area of concern concerning quality or discipline progress.
* Ensure the quality and completeness of rotating machinery, Equipment, and packages Final Documentation (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors):
o In compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures.
o Allowing an adequate hand-over to the Operation of the Subsidiary
* At Site, ensure that package equipment are commissioned and started up as per detailed engineering documentation and accordingly to Vendor recommendations. To provide support and search for Vendor assistance if needed.
* Support and enforce the HSEQ Project objectives and directives in compliance with the Project HSEQ management system.
* During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
* Ensure timely delivery, review, and approval of studies and documents under his responsibility to enable the procurement, fabrication, and Construction / Installation the packages / Equipment to progress and to site commissioning and start up.
* Work in the Rotating Equipment Engineering team in the overall Engineering organization.
* Work in the Rotating Equipment team during field activities.
* Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
* Registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent preferred
* Proficient in English language.
* Eight (8) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
* Expertise on design and operation of rotating machinery including centrifugal compressors, gas turbines, diesel generators and pumps.
* Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.