Our client, a leading international Oil & Gas operator, have a current opportunity for a contract Risk Analyst to be based in Paris, France (residential) supporting a major new LNG development. The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Management or similar and have over 5 years of experience in major oil and gas projects, ideally working directly for the owner/operator. Candidates must have experience and knowledge of risk management principles, methodologies, and tools. Also familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
Knowledge of Omega 365 tools and SharePoint a plus.
- This position exists up to the completion of the development phase including Project close-out. The project management and central controls teams will be based in Paris and the package teams will primarily be based in engineering and site locations in Houston, Milan, London and Mozambique (Maputo & Afungi) during this phase.
- The position holder shall be responsible for leading risk management activities for LNG project including identification, administration, analysis, finalization and reporting of all risks on the project. The job holder will perform this work in accordance with Corporate and Project rules, guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinate with Package Managers and Project Services personnel on a weekly / monthly basis to ensure the risk management process is followed.
- Coordinate, update, and report on all project risks with team members utilizing the Risk Management electronic system.
- Preparation of Risk Review Board material with Delivery Managers and Project Services team.
- Support preparation of Project Board material with Delivery Managers and Project Services team.
- Coordinate to the establishment, maintenance, and improvements of risk management procedures, processes and tools.
- Adhere, monitor, and enforce project processes for managing work and reporting progress related to risk management.
- Serve as an advisor of risk management to the project team.
- Engage and coach team members in fulfillment of roles and responsibilities in the risk management process.
- Support Home Office Project Services team in preparation of monthly reports and other ad-hoc reports.
- Support Project Governance activities as required.
- Promote and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within the said area of responsibility. participate in project digitalization to promote efficiencies, synergies, and simplification and provide the necessary checks, approval functions for invoices submitted, in accordance with Contracts, Project & Company procedures, Sarbanes & Oxley requirements and DoA.
- The job holder will have to liaise actively with Project Management and related Package and Line Managers for the performance of the above duties.
- The position activities will be performed in close collaboration and coordination with the Project Management. The job holder will play an essential role in ensuring engagement of the project team in fulfilling the roles and responsibilities in the risk management process, preparing of relevant data, reports and KPI's.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Management or similar
- Minimum Experience: 5+ years of experience in major oil and gas projects
Required Skills /Certifications:
- Major Oil and Gas project developments knowledge and experience
- Experience and knowledge of risk management principles, methodologies, and tools. Familiarity with risk management principles, project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences, at all levels in an organization and establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of Omega 365 tools and SharePoint a plus.
Language Requirements: Fluent English required. French and Portuguese language skills will assist performance
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.