Quality Assurance Specialist
- Posted 15 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Temporary
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameNicole Elphick
Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting a QA Specialist on behalf of our Multinational Biopharmaceutical client based in Co. Meath on an initial 11-month contract (with potential to extend).
- The QA Specialist will work across the site self-directed work teams and hub to identify and resolve issues in order to allow the site to deliver on our COMMIT culture that supports Quality, EHS, Learning and Continuous improvement. This role will provide Quality Assurance (QA) oversight to qualification/validation, technical transfers, regulatory approvals and commercial operations.
- The QA Specialist will be responsible for oversight of Quality Systems across the site including supporting the Operations, Engineering, MS&T, QC and Plan and Procure teams, ensuring compliance with cGMP and corporate regulations.
- The QA Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Operations, Engineering, MS&T, QC and Plan and Procure teams, ensuring compliance with cGMP and corporate regulations.
- Support the development and coaching of key members of the Quality Assurance Operations and Quality Systems teams to drive a high-performance organisational culture that accommodates rapid growth and highly dynamic expectations, ensuring attainment of site operational and development goals.
- Liaises with internal partners (e.g., Manufacturing Operations, MS&T, Engineering functions etc) in support of daily operations.
- Ensures clear communication on issues and timely escalation as applicable.
- Drives opportunities for continuous improvement.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- At least 9 years' experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry desirable, (preferably both) or equivalent.
- Organisation Skills - Ability to manage multiple priorities and know when to escalate issues for resolution.
- Proven record of accomplishments in a regulated industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies & in-depth understanding of site level products & related processes.
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of design controls, design verification and validation activities; production & process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints & risk management; & product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma, DFR, etc.
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Must be able to work across a team matrix in order to meet accelerated timelines.
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality / process improvement tools.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving & root-cause analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively.
- Strong technical aptitude (i.e., able to read & comprehend technical documentation & execute procedures), global regulatory experience & demonstrated experience interfacing with regulators.
Qualifications & Education:
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in Science, Pharmacy or equivalent.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.