Location: Worcester, MA
Contract Length: 12-months (possible extension)
Pay Rate: $25.52
Work Schedule: Sunday- Wednesday 8/8:30 am through -6/6:30 pm. Monday thru Friday availability will be needed during first few months of training. Some weekends or Holiday coverage needed, will know in advance. Monday thru Friday availability will be needed during first few months of training. Some weekends or Holiday coverage needed, will know in advance.
QC Microbiology Technician
- Performs routine Environmental Monitoring testing within a GMP environment.
- Supports Environmental Monitoring (EM) during a fill operation.
- Supports other lab associated functions. Perform test methods as written to support product/material release. Effectively perform a multitude of laboratory techniques with minimal error for which they will be trained on.
- Understand, implement, and maintain GMP with respect to laboratory records, procedures, and systems in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Accept responsibility to complete assigned tasks as committed.
- Support investigation writers and approvers to gather data.
- Effectively perform a multitude of laboratory techniques with minimal error for which they are or will be trained on
- Writes or revises procedures with guidance.
- Works under the guidance of a supervisor but is able to manage their own time to ensure timely completion of assigned duties
- Trends data to support trend reports.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- BS in Biology required
- QC Micro experience- -Hands- on experience with lab testing and EM.
- Hands- on Aseptic Technique experience preferable.
- Hands- on working experience in Biosafety hoods preferable.
- Attention to detail while running assays/ tasks in the lab and while performing EM is required
- Should have good organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload and extremely thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- Should perform tasks with supervision guidance, taking responsibility for complying with GMP requirements.
- MUST be flexible working weekends and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills. Maintaining good working relationships within and outside the department.
- Adjusting quickly to new situations. Reprioritizing to meet schedule demands in continually changing work environment.
- Knowledge with the LIMS system, specifically entering results is preferred.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. USP, EP, JP pharmacopoeias, ICH guidelines, cGMP) is preferred.
- GMP and/or Clean-Room experience
- Clean-Room Gowning
- Experience with cGMP documentation and record maintenance
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.