An exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our clients' Infrastructure Services team. The team provides specialist project management, along with technical support functions and is accountable for the delivery of the infrastructure, encompassing projects across 11 sites to deliver fit for purpose critical infrastructure.
The client has a unique role in delivering safe, reliable, and sustainable aviation services while facilitating lifeline and essential services such as medical and NHS patient transfer, Royal Mail, and support for the energy industry.
This role is within the Infrastructure team, looking at projects within the built environment. The Development Manager will play a key role in the client's future, leading the planning and execution of strategically important projects within live operational environments. The Development Manager will be responsible for managing the Consultancy Framework that supports project delivery, line management duties for the project team and the technical, health & safety (CDM) commercial and financial management of the project(s) to deliver to the project and overall business objectives.
* Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders and ensure that all user requirements are captured, and approvals are in place to meet schedule dates, as well as understanding regulatory requirements.
* End to end execution planning and management, ensuring clear goals, roles and deliverables are well defined to ensure delivery of the goals and value for money of the expenditure.
* Plan, lead and manage the project team to ensure an integrated, sustainable and effective solution is delivered which meets the project brief and benefits realisation.
* Ensure the integration of design, development, construction delivery, commissioning and process requirements is achieved using the subject matter experts in the team (including own expertise as appropriate).
* Sustainability is at the heart of the business and they are leading global efforts on decarbonisation, so that aviation continues to be a force for good in our world. Our Sustainable Aviation Test Environment is world leading.
* Lead the Lessons Identified process across all projects and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
* Deliver the assigned project to defined cost, schedule, and quality requirements, leading the successful handover of assigned projects to the Operations and/or Commercial Departments including ensuring all requisite Airport Operational Readiness planning and activities are in place.
Qualification & Experience: * Experience in a range of capital / revenue construction projects with a clear understanding of project management particularly Prince2/ APM. * Professional qualifications (membership of an appropriate institution) or evidence demonstrating continued personal development. * A technical background is preferred evidenced by degree in the relevant discipline or demonstrated by continued personal development. * Experience of commercial and contractual environment. * Proven track record in planning and implementation of complex infrastructure projects, within a live operational environment, with multiple stakeholder interfaces.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.