Project Manager (E&I)
Location - Teesside
Competitive salary + car allowance + pension + benefits
Our client a successful Electrical and Instrumentation Services Business is seeking to appoint an experienced E&I Project Manager with minimum 5 years of experience in managing projects of c£4million.
* Prepare pre-mobilisation plans and pre-construction requirements including HSE and Quality Plans
* Validation and preparation of commercial budgets and essential reporting structures
* Assess need for input of labour, supervision and equipment during the course of construction.
* Ensure that methods of work are up to date, efficient and in accordance with company and client safety policies and Occupational Health and Safety.
* Ensure that developments on site, which under the terms of the contract document that requires special evaluation and assessment, are correctly identified and appropriate action taken.
* Ensure construction/installation keeps to budget/plan.
* Investigate and account for any deviations from budget man-hours.
* Ensure construction organisation is adequate, that staff at all levels understand their role and responsibilities and that effective delegation takes place.
* Managing project health and safety with support from the HSE Manager.
* Prepare technical and financial proposals with the Proposal Manager.
* Maintain project cost control and reporting.
* Train and mentor junior and intermediate staff.
* Work with field staff to resolve technical and constructability issues.
* Prepare and administrate multiple subcontracts.
* Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports - HSE/Procurement/P.Controls/Commercial/Quality/Engineering/Construction
Qualifications and requirements:
* Construction experience with a minimum of 5 years as a Project Manager
* Relevant post-secondary construction/trades related education
* Preference given to those with Project Management certification.
* Preference given to those with experience in the O&G, Power Generation and heavy industrial sectors.
* Good contractual knowledge
* Strong communication skills
* Strong knowledge of project controls, estimating, scheduling, tendering, planning
* Strong construction safety knowledge
* Leadership skills
* Computer Applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.