Location: Waukegan, IL (hybrid)
Contract Length: 10 Months
Pay Rate: $45-50/hr
Top skills, experience or education required for this position:
- Strong project management skills, experience driving complex projects in a global settiing
- Working independently in a complex matrix environment with many different stakeholders across different functions and levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage stakeholders and clearly communicate
- Experience supporting projects that have data & analytics focus; commercial experience
- Strong project planning and tracking skills, working in smartsheet and powerpoint
Global Customer Excellence Project Manager
- Acts as the project manager and/or as lead for several functional projects within International Customer Excellence.
- This role leads a diverse, cross-functional team of experts across functional and geographic boundaries to deliver business solutions to complex problems.
- The solutions would integrate one or more components of people, process, and technology and advance capabilities or functional priorities.
- The project manager will develop and implement use of effective program management tools and methodologies for evaluating, executing, managing, and closing out projects across the portfolio and drive cross-functional team effectiveness.
- Collaborate/work with project sponsors, business units and users to manage a project from initiation through closure. Monitor scope, schedule and budget.
- Deliver quality project solutions to business problems or issues within defined budgets and/or timelines.
- Provide expert project leadership proactively through project lifecycle. Responsible for project planning, stakeholder and communication planning, change management, project tracking, project reporting, risk and issue management, etc.
- Manages project teams; drives completion of projects to achieve outcomes short and long term.
- Responsible for key project deliverables including timelines, risk matrix, dashboards, communication plan and will be accountable for overall program delivery.
- Synthesizes input from multiple disciplines, functions to discover best problem solutions in total business context.
- Within the context of the assigned projects, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with business partners at various levels of the organization.
- 7+ years managing projects and programs
- 3+ years pharmaceutical or industry related experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Experience working in a strong matrix environment.
- Experience analyzing business problems and facilitating the design of innovative solutions
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree or High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Experience creating and using plans in Smartsheet, Marketing tech experience, data analytics projects, PMP certified
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.