Contract Length: 18 months
Location: Reading - mainly on site, approx 70/30 split, on average. So about 1 day per week remote. Depends on needs of business.
IR35: In Scope
Top essential criteria:
- Project Manager experience
- Track record of delivery, ideally in a defence/security background
- Some technical, scientific, engineering, or construction background
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with requirements, operational constraints, time, cost and quality.
- Lead, coach and develop a team at a local level to deliver team and personal objectives safely and securely to meet our operational plans.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Manage projects with focus on Governance (compliance and reporting).
- Management of project resources (people, money).
- Lead the planning of the task/project.
- Manage work as defined in the Work Authorisation Document (WAD).
- Lead, support and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Lead, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
- Core PM Fundamentals
- Decision making
- Strong communicator
- Stakeholder Management
- Leadership experience
- Can lead and guide a team
- Engineering background is an advantage, not essential
- Knowledge of systems engineering would be massively beneficial
- Knows how to work a plan and work with a planning team
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.