We have a current opportunity for a Project Logistics Specialist on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Surrey.
The client is a market leading industrial gases company with a global presence and an exciting future.
This position is responsible for the successful execution of Project Logistics strategies on new plant asset projects in Europe, Africa, the Middle East.
A successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining commercially advantageous supply agreements with logistical service providers.
The incumbent will have intimate knowledge of the shipping markets, practices and standards. This position supports supplier/contractor relationship management with operations and business strategies. This position challenges technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving efficient operations. Strong Project Logistics knowledge, project, planning and negotiating skills are required.
Travel will be required at times for this position, primarily, but not restricted to, within the EMEA region supporting logistics/operating sites, supplier, partner & client visits.
As one of our Logistics Specialists, you will be:
* Collaborating with a variety of functions including operations, engineering, legal, and business management to achieve goals.
* Effectively using Logistics Material Control systems.
* Effectively using e-Sourcing tools to launch inquiries and receive supplier quotations/proposals.
* Assisting in developing strategies for and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for 3rd party logistics services.
* Developing efficient bid tabulations and lead sourcing reviews with a cross functional team.
* Supporting Project Logistics Manager with bid phase Shipping estimates and development of cost forecasts.
* Identify, develop and manage suppliers; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks.
* Understanding the logistics markets and the industries in which we do business.
* Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to enhance leverage and minimize risk.
* Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery and optimizing Air Products' logistics spend.
* Work closely with supported businesses and functional organizations to ensure stability and cost effectiveness of supply.
* Bring innovative supplier solutions to enhance value proposition for individual projects and or across the supply chain.
* Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
* Assist in leading supplier performance and maintain interface within supplier's organization.
* Manage budgets and achieve targeted savings, develop and lead key supplier relationships to ensure alignment with business strategies.
* Recent industrial experience, involving international transport, trade and project logistics / project management experience.
* Project Shipping experience is crucial.
* Must have experience in ocean, air and road logistics.
* Experience with SAP is advantageous.
* Flexible working and short notice travel ability.
* Strong organizational, team and time management skills.
* Working understanding of Microsoft suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information.
* Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, global environment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.