Project HSE Manager
Great opportunity to work for a leading Energy Company that designs and develops long-duration energy storage solutions for utility and distributed power systems. This role will be working on the construction of a milestone project in the North-West, just outside of Manchester on a new Renewable Energy Storage Power Station.
This is a permanent staff role, there is flexibility to work remotely initially, but there will be expectations for the successful candidate to spend significant time on site during the construction phase.
* Provide HSE support to Project and Construction Managers, outlining the contractual HSE requirements for the service and equipment provided by contractors when developing scopes of work.
* Engaging contractors to set clear HSE expectations, holding them accountable to deliver incident-free projects in conformance with the contract.
* Implementing an annual HSE performance improvement plan.
* Evaluate contractor performance at defined intervals to conform conformance with H&S requirements, provide feedback, lessons learned, and a basis for improving future contractor selection and performance
* Develop project specific HSE procedures as required and provide regular reports on HSE performance.
* Have an Engineering/technician qualification or equivalent.
* Hold a HSE qualification and OSHA trained.
* Significant experience in HSE (projects & operations)
* Have previous experience in site management and CDM expectations.
* Proven track record of strong safety leadership (culture & systems)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.