Project Environmental Specialist
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Environmental Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure timely assessment of Project environmental risks using robust methodologies in accordance with company Standards and UK offshore and onshore legislation (OPPC, PPC, ETS, etc).
* Advise on pragmatic and credible risk management solutions for priority environmental risks associated with Projects/Developments.
* Ensure identified risks and controls are transferred into Project Execute and Operate (including new permit conditions), including the inclusion of commitments made and agreed risk controls into the terms and conditions of contractor contracts.
* Develop scopes of work for contractor support. Manage contractors and consultants: preparing Permit applications, OPEPs, EIA, ESHIA and supporting studies & modelling, including baseline and monitoring studies and surveys and environmental management programmes.
* Fulfil the role of Impact Assessment Lead with support from Impact Assessment Subject Matter Expert.
* Engage with the environmental regulators on a project level; in liaison with the Operating side of company.
* Conduct assurance activities on compliance with company & Legal requirements.
* Facilitate incident investigations
* Support of Environmental internal and Regulatory reporting (e.g. EEMS, SERS, SPRI, IRS) for Projects & Development.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree (or Industry) qualified in relevant subject
* Significant experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (onshore or offshore)
* Relevant experience of Projects & Development support experience
* A good understanding of the Upstream business and how it works, including credible front-line experience of managing HSSE.
* Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
* A genuine passion for Environmental Management.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065083.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.