Job Title: Project Engineer - EC&I (Electrical, Control & Instrumentation)
What the opportunity looks like:
The Project Engineer - EC&I (Electrical, Control & Instrumentation) will be responsible for the delivery of assigned Capital Projects. They will be required to follow the engineering governance requirements, which will include elements of writing tender documents, obtaining quotations, adhering to and producing budgets, working alongside procurement and legal to agree contracts and manage design/ delivery, installation and commissioning of the projects all in line with the business requirements.
To provide EC&I engineering support to various production sites on improvement projects and maintenance activities where required.
Working alongside production and other engineers must be able to define a problem then scope, design and deliver a safe, cost-effective solution. You will be required to work on own or as part of a team depending on task. As well as creation of documentation and appraise proposals for work through our Safe Systems of Work to ensure a safe and sustainable environment.
* Lead/coordinate on electrical elements of CAPEX projects across all 5 distilleries.
* Ensure all support materials, from documentation support packages to amendments are controlled centrally for all 5 sites.
* Ownership of SCADA systems for all 5 distilleries, reviewing for improvement/replacement.
* Provide suitable design solutions ensuring the safest practicable option is selected.
* Look for and deliver improvements to reduce energy usage, water usage and contribute to the net zero carbon goal.
Skills and experience that will help you be a success:
For this role we're looking for:
* Demonstrable experience within a similar role.
* Qualification in a relevant engineering subject.
* Experience managing engineering projects.
* Full driving license.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.