Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Delivering safe projects which are technically sound - delivered in line with the expected schedule and budget and in accordance with corporate processes.
* Provide input into the preparation of Project control documents and processes and their upkeep.
* Coordinate and support the preparation of Project deliverables required in service of progressing through the company's Stage Gate process.
* Plan and coordinate the execution of vendor/contractor scopes, including coordination of onshore trailing activities.
* Provide input into the selection of specialist vendors via formal tender process.
* Provide input into the preparation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP). Maintain the PEP recognising that it is a live document.
* Provide input into the preparation of the Project Schedule. Provide regular updates to the Project Planner on activity progress. Facilitate Project input into the IAP process.
* Maintain the Project Risk Register. Coordinate regular risk review sessions with the Project Team and ensure that risk mitigation actions are appropriately tracked and closed out.
* Maintain the Project Action Log
* Maintain the Project Decision Register
* Maintain the Lesson Learned Register. Coordinate lessons learned sessions as required to ensure that lessons are appropriately captured to facilitate knowledge transfer to the company's other Decommissioning Projects
* Source the company's information for delivery to external parties
* Ensure Project compliance with the company's HSSEQ Expectations
* Undertake site and offshore trips to facilitate and oversee key testing/execution activities.
* Develop positive relationships with all appropriate external stakeholders.
* Deputise for Project Lead when required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Engineering degree
* Chartered Engineer (or working towards)
* Previous project engineering or package management experience
* Excellent safety leadership
* Design engineering awareness and good understanding of codes, standards, risk-based decision making, quality assurance and compliance.
* Strong problem-solving skill set
* Exposure/experience of Subsea engineering projects
* Previous exposure to decommissioning projects
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069158.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.