As a Project Engineer your main responsibilities would be:
- Identifying project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- To manage engineering support to the project.
- To contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Supporting project optioneering process.
- Developing concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
- Producing and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Managing detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- To prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where
- Carrying out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
- To provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approving as built drawings.
- To specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Managing hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- An HNC or equivalent within the Mechanical/Electrical/CE&I disciplines.
- Working knowledge of CDM.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry.
- A strong knowledge of engineering Standards and procedures used in regulated industries.
- A solid Technical background.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across all levels.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.