- Posted 17 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We have a current opportunity for a Project Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Glasgow.
Company Overview: our client is an engineering firm specializing in offshore projects, committed to delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in the energy sector. With a strong presence in Glasgow, the client offers career offer opportunities for talented professionals who thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Job Description: As a Project Engineer, you will play a vital role in our offshore projects based in Glasgow. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful execution and delivery of engineering projects, adhering to project specifications, safety standards, and client requirements. Your expertise will be instrumental in driving project efficiency, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including designers, technicians, and contractors, to plan and coordinate project activities from conception to completion.
- Conduct thorough project assessments, feasibility studies, and risk assessments, identifying potential challenges and proposing effective solutions.
- Prepare project proposals, budgets, schedules, and resource allocation plans, closely monitoring project progress and implementing corrective measures as required.
- Coordinate procurement activities, liaising with suppliers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of equipment and materials, while adhering to budgetary constraints.
- Conduct regular site visits, overseeing construction and installation activities, ensuring adherence to safety protocols and quality standards.
- Foster strong client relationships, providing regular project updates, addressing concerns, and managing expectations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Prepare comprehensive project reports, including progress updates, cost analyses, and risk assessments, for internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and regulatory changes related to offshore engineering, actively contributing to process improvements and innovation initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field; a master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Project Engineer, preferably within the offshore energy sector.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools, including scheduling, cost control, and risk management.
- Proficiency in engineering software and tools, such as CAD, project management software, and data analysis tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound decisions in complex situations.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications or licenses. Only selected candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Note: The job description provided above is a general outline of responsibilities and qualifications and is not exhaustive. Additional duties may be assigned as required to meet the needs of the business.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.