- Posted 15 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameIona Larnach
Project Development Manager
Reporting to: CTO
44.01 is a CO2 removal company focused on fighting climate change. We are developing pioneering technology to mineralise CO2 in subsurface geological formations, enabling the safest and most durable form of CO2 removal.
Our mission is to make CO2 mineralisation feasible, accessible, and scalable. We are a mission- driven business focused on innovation, purpose, risk-taking, doing the right thing, and challenging the status quo.
Our goals over the next 18 months include deploying our first commercial mineralisation sinks, deploying our first commercial-scale direct air capture (DAC) and point-source capture (PSC) projects, and validating the commercial viability of our mineralisation-as-a-service (MaaS) business model by engaging with commercial technology partners, offtakers, financiers, and regulatory entities in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Your work has the potential to directly shape our fight against climate change. Your contribution will help us achieve our goal of mineralising 1 Gt of CO2 by 2040.
Doing the Right Thing
Legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles
Restore our earth
We are purposeful in our mission to help reduce carbon emissions; we are driven by a passion to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium
Challenge the Status Quo
To solve the crisis of our generation, we need bold ideas and cutting-edge technology to mitigate
About the role:
The Project Development Manager will be responsible for leading the development of 44.01's
mineralisation hubs in Oman and subsequently scaling to other territories. Development of mineralisation hubs requires sound engineering practices and innovative thinking to deliver systems and processes that are safe, functional, and reliable, with high consideration for sustainability and environmental protection.
44.01's first mineralisation hub will be designed to capture and sequester thousands of tons of CO2 and eventually scaling up to millions of tons of CO2 annually from a single and/or multiple integrated CO2 capture sources. The mineralisation hub will successfully demonstrate capture, processing, transportation, and permanent sequestration of CO2 using renewable energy technologies.
This role involves management of project execution, resources, schedules, procurement, budgeting, risks, and safety regulations throughout the development phases. The role will also involve active engagement with DAC and PSC technology partners, regulators, and stakeholders to ensure successful and on-time project delivery
What you'll do:
- Create and execute project work plans, packages and bid proposals for on-surface and sub-surface infrastructure development
- Manage all aspects of project development using planning, monitoring, and controlling processes
- Manage and oversee all the technical aspects of the projects
- Propose, review, and approve project expenditures, budgets, and schedules
- Management of engineering teams, consultants, and contractors throughout project lifecycle
- Identify engineering resource and training requirements to grow and achieve project objectives
- Manage project stage gateway reviews and attainment of conditions precedent to such approvals
- Drive clear and open communication with project team members and functional groups
- Attend the site(s) as often as required to review HSSE, logistics and progress against the project programme
- Continually identify project risks and manage mitigations processes
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Support in obtaining permits from appropriate authorities
- Actively engage with technology partners and suppliers including DAC, PSC, OEMs, EPC, and other technology providers to ensure successful integration and commissioning of systems on site
- Manage and communicate status of project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and related issues to the leadership team
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Perform other duties as required
- Understand and promote 44.01's vision, mission, values, and culture
Who you are:
- Strong believer and advocate of sustainability and negative emissions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Possessing strong communication, leadership, and people development skills
- Possessing strong knowledge of project management and risk management processes. Project Management Professional (PMP) is a bonus
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering or business management
- Having 5+ years of relevant project management experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Experience in Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS) projects is desirable
What's in it for you…
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business
- To be part of a team that will invest in your career growth
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.