- Posted 04 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameNeil Grant
JOB TITLE: Project Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Programme Manager
To lead the development and initiation of all projects (capital and revenue) are identified, planned and delivered using a 'best practice' asset management and project delivery approach.
To develop the projects identified through the infrastructure asset management reports into planned projects, including timescale phasing, estimated costs and resource requirements.
Oversee and navigate projects through all governance gateway stages and their required documentation.
Provide effective resource management across the project lifecycles to ensure controlled and efficient delivery of the capital and revenue projects.
In this role you will aid in delivering a programme of projects that are identified through the company strategy and annual capital plan. This project portfolio includes a wide variety of assets such as; buildings (new and refurbishment, cladding, etc), civil engineering (drainage, coastal engineering,, etc) mechanical & electrical systems (HVAC, lighting systems, LV/HV systems, etc), engineering equipment, pavement rehabilitation, vehicles, security equipment, ICT equipment (phone systems, network, etc).
You will promote and develop projects identified via the infrastructure asset management reports, ensuring these are appropriately prioritised and included in future capital and revenue plans. Cost and resource estimates form part of the project development.
The role will aid in steering Project Leads through the initial governance gateway stages. All relevant project and engineering artefacts will be produced in liaison with these Project Leads, ensuring accurate capturing of scope, constraints, risks and dependencies. As the projects proceed through the project lifecycle, the post holder will also aid to ensure all governance gateway checklists are met.
Responsible for line management of the infrastructure Project Delivery Team: 3 Infrastructure Services related Project Managers, as well as the Consultancy Frameworks
You will work closely with individual Project Managers identified from within the business to manage specific projects, providing a structured approach and project methodology as well as guidance and support.
Manage and deploy appropriate resources to lead, support and deliver projects on programme, to budget and in
accordance with the project delivery processes.
* Suitable qualifications Degree and membership of professional bodies such as The Association for Project Management.
* Suitable project management certification such as PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Agile, etc.
* The post requires an experienced and trained professional Project Manager with a track record of managing major public sector or private works.
* Possesses an overall understanding of legislation, policy and procedure relevant to their role and audits compliance in areas of responsibility.
* Uses their expertise to contribute to the development of corporate strategy and policy,contributing effectively to corporate decision making.
* Contributes effectively to resource planning identifying skills needs and shortages in area of expertise
* Adopts a Company-wide perspective to ensure alignment of procedures and practice
* Supports teams to succeed, devoting dedicated time to empowering people through coaching and mentoring and sharing knowledge and expertise.
* Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
* Experience of working within a structured project management framework
* Ability to manage a range of projects
* Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
* Understanding of the importance for detail and organisation
* Managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
* Ability to remain positive, goal focused and consistent - even under pressure
* Strong analytic skills which allow you to synthesise numerous data sources into a coherent narrative for senior leaders and stakeholders.
* An innovator who develops novel solutions to improve ways of working and with the ability to approach and solve complex problems in a structured manner.
* NEC professional services and engineering and construction contract management experience
* CDM 2015 experience as a Client (training can be provided)
* Experience working as the Client.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.