Project Design Engineer
- Posted 18 May 2023
- Salary £45000 - £55000 per annum + defined pension & bonus
- LocationBasford, Stoke-on-Trent
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameAngela Henderson
Project Design Engineer
Location - Stoke on Trent / Hybrid working.
Salary - £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + extensive benefits including defined pension & bonus
Orion Group is delighted to partner our client, Kanthal Ltd who are an innovative and pioneering heating technology business' in seeking to appoint a Project Design Engineer to join their successful team in the West Midlands.
Would you like to be at the forefront of pioneering heating technology in the industrial heating industry? Then this is the right career opportunity for you!
Are you looking to push the limits of what's possible? Global demand for clean, electric heating solutions is growing. At Kanthal, you'll be a part of a world-renowned brand that is leading the way in industrial heating technology and resistance material. We're seeking a skilled Project Design Engineer to join our diverse and talented Global Electrification team. This position will be based in our Kanthal Stoke-on-Trent, UK office with a hybrid working pattern available.
About the role
Working as part of an innovative global team the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Support the development and design of electric heating systems - market areas include steel, refining, petrochemical, li-Ion battery production and high temperature process gas heating.
- Evaluate technical specifications and economic factors relating to the design objectives of processes or products.
- Review product development requirements for compatibility with methods to determine cost and schedules.
- Integrates equipment and material capabilities to meet module target specifications and technology target specifications.
- Responsible for handing over method/process and equipment to sales and/or production.
A graduate with a Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or a related discipline, you will have 5+ years' relevant work experience (1-3 years minimum of which can include a cooperative engineering program or an industry related internship). You will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, confident and professional communication and influencing skills, creative and technical expertise. Teamwork, IT (CAD - Solid works or AutoCAD Inventor desirable) are essential.
What you can expect from us
We continuously review and improve our compensation and benefits package to attract the best people to our business. As well as a pension scheme, competitive life assurance and disability cover, you will receive a guaranteed annual bonus and access to a discount's platform. We care about our employees so on the job training and career development is key to you joining our creative global team.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.