We are currently supporting a leading engineering consultancy in their search for an experienced Project Controls Manager to join their team in Woking on either a Permanent or Contract basis.
* Project scope is to provide Front End Engineering Design package for a waste to energy facility in the UK.
* Project controls: reporting, forecasting and cost control.
* Responsible for Level 3 Plan
* Document control.
* Administration services, including secretarial and clerical services.
* Variations and Change Management.
* Invoicing and Cost Control.
* Project risk management.
* Information management and systems.
* Manages and leads all activities related to project planning and controls, cost management and reporting, contract administration and risk management.
* Responsible for timely issue of project control deliverables and progress reports.
* Provide leadership to planning engineers, schedulers and cost engineers to plan, monitor, and control the execution of the project within the time and budget parameters, optimising resource utilisation.
* Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
* Support the Project Management Team in planning and identifying issues that could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with the client.
* Oversee planning and scheduling on the project to ensure schedules are in line with the delivery requirements through the application of appropriate processes and procedures.
* Understands the project deliverables, milestones and required tasks and targets through the project progress measurement system.
* Develop systems and procedures for project control functions on the project, as and when there are additional requirements from the client in order to facilitate the process of project monitoring.
* Support project management team in initiating and preparing time and cost related variations and claims. Advises Project Manager on compiling support documents for potential claims, prepares advance defence for issues that are likely to evolve during the execution of the project.
* Develop and maintain the approved project work breakdown structure and project control budget.
* Monitor progress against schedules and expedite updating data required from the discipline groups.
* Prepare and maintain client and management cost reports, progress curves for the project in line with the required reporting levels and requirements of the contract.
* Maintain change control systems, evaluate discipline change notices, determine cost and schedule impact of all affected areas.
* Maintain in conjunction with the materials control group, a requisition tracking system.
* Prepare cash flows and out turn forecasts.
* Ensure timely project reporting to an appropriate level of detail which gives early warning of adverse performance trends.
* Develop and maintain Personnel authorisation assignment Form Register.
* Support in the negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, agency, consultant, sponsorship, joint venture, consortium, bidding, confidentiality, MOU and other types and forms of agreements.
* Supervise and develop contract pricing summaries for proposals.
* Take responsibility for the document control process for the project.
* Consult Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Petrofac's ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Coordinates Internal and Client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Petrofac accredited framework such as ISO 14001.
* Capable of using initiative, knowledge and experience to recognise, highlight and address opportunities and threats as and when they emerge.
* Perform related duties as and when instructed by direct supervisor.
Minimum 10 years' recent FEED, EPC / EPCm experience in the oil & gas sector in a similar role.
Must have recent experience of leading project controls delivery on brownfield projects.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.