Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Project Controls Manager for a $700 million Mineral and Mining project. This person will be managing a team of 2-3 people and will be hands on with this project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management oversight to the project controls team including the cost and planning/scheduling functions on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects.
- Professionally supervise and train junior planners, schedulers, cost controllers and other technical staff. - Apply in-depth working knowledge of scheduling techniques and utilize planning software, such as Primavera P6 in managing all planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, analysis, and ongoing recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise with clients and senior leaders to ensure business objectives are met. Coordinate with project controls team, project manager and project team to ensure the correct utilization of the project control system based on project specific requirements and corporate guidelines.
- Develop, interpret and implement policies and procedures that adhere to global standards. Contribute to Project Execution Plan development. Manage quality development of the project controls team that tracks, monitors and reports all aspects of the project.
- Communicate project forecasts to project manager. Develop Schedule Basis Memorandum and the scheduling premise.
- Responsible for project updates and monthly progress reports, schedule forecasts and updates with impact of changes.
- Responsible for actual and forecast progress curves and staffing histograms. Monitor and control schedules by performing critical path analysis, and earned value analysis.
- Ensure that project completion dates are met and that the project team is developing look ahead and recovery schedules. Run schedule analysis reports. Assist with developing mitigation plans as required.
- Manage the planning and scheduling interface between construction and the asset Activity Planning. Responsible for Person on Board Planning for planned high quality, resource, planned activities. Responsible for constraint activity planning with specific gate criteria, including Work Orders,
- Management of Change, Work Packs and Materials and Permits. Schedule waivers for activity failures and traffic light status reports.
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning process.
- Develop and manage probabilistic risk assessments to deliver schedule estimates employing proprietary software. Maintain and manage risk registers.
- Review target budgets in conjunction with engineering, project and construction management. Provide cost control services to project teams to ensure proper project cost management. Review and communicate productivity trends.
- Responsible for estimating construction projects including lump sum and cost reimbursable projects.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field and 60 months of post-baccalaureate progressively responsible project controls supervisory/management experience, including experience in planning/scheduling using Primavera
10+ years in Project Controls
This position is temp to perm
The perfect person will have a mineral background, if not then O&G is fine
Ecosys is the system (will train if they do not have it)
Strong Communication both written and verbal
Will be managing cost of project and scheduling through P6
Managing a team of 2-3 people
Remote at first but will become hybrid- so this person must be in the Denver area or be able to relocate there
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.