We have a current opportunity for a Project Controls Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in London. This is in energy transition at a major energy company
This is an opportunity to be part of the energy transition initiative in electrification for future mobility and solutions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working in a team to deliver cluster reporting services and ensure the integrity and effectiveness of estimating, planning / scheduling, cost tracking, programme MoC, and programme/function risks. The role will support the development of the programme controls strategy, plans and procedures, implementing continuous improvements plans and managing conformance within the cluster and external requirements.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
- Act as a point of contact for controls related activity within the cluster
- Deliver the cluster controls, ensuring the controls capability is onboard at the right time/place
- Deliver appropriate stage gate estimates and bases of estimate
- Support the development of stage gate appropriate Financial Memorandums (FMs) with estimating and scheduling norms.
- Prepare an integrated Cluster Control Schedule (CCS) and level 1 schedule for the cluster
Essential experience and job requirements
- Major Programme Experience (10+ years)
- Solid, broad-based experience in the concept development, selection, design and/or construction phases of programmes/projects with an excellent track record of delivery.
- Self-motivation and a high level of individual initiative and self-reliance are required.
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerApps, PowerBI and ability to adapt quickly to new 'digital' technologies.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.