An Exciting opportunity to join this large scale LNG project and be part of a diverse team of highly experienced industry professionals and mentors located in the beautiful central area of British Columbia, Canada. Enjoy an exceptional working environment with an abundant career growth opportunity while living in arguably one of the world's most beautiful and pristine areas of the world. An extremely attractive compensation package includes annual salary, bonus structure, benefits and pension with a very attractive compensation scheme.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Production Team Lead (PTL) for utilities and common facilities area is responsible for but not limited to:
* Building high performing teams that are accountable to and for the safe, reliable and optimized operation of the units
* Manage change and improvement in our dynamic processes, ways of working and our overall performance as we evolve into a fully operating asset post CSURU (Commissioning, startup and ramp up)
* Verify the end of shift report input made by panel and field operators to ensure high quality shift report and effective shift handover
* Ensure alignment between process and common facilities PTL's to make certain that the shift activities are in line with the overall plan for the day and SIMOPS risks to the production plan are minimized
* Utilize your expertise during Project Execution Phase including asset owner readiness activities, commissioning, start up and ramp up
* During Operational Phase provide production assurance as the subject matter expert on utilities operations and provide help in troubleshooting and optimization of the process while deriving leadership shift teams
HSSE and Process Safety
* Ensure all HSSE and Process Safety measures are implemented, addressed, and reported through the company's incident management system, and recorded to ensure high quality reporting and safety practices are completed
To be successful, you will have have:
* Solid experience working in Utility Plants from Start up phase (commissioning) and processing
* Lead and/or contribute to operations readiness delivery task force(s):
* Experience developing and reviewing operation, procedures and work instructions
* Experience setting up and and implementing ESP processes and tools
* Experience setting up and implementing PtW work processes
* Experience during construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning period in order to make sure that panel and field operators in their team deliver high quality system turnover from the EPC contractor
* Ability to back up for Production Supervisor responsibilities during early operation period on an as needed basis
* Solid communication skills both verbally and written, along with interpersonal skills that inspire and energize people creating clear sense of direction and priorities
* Proven ability to effectively work through urgent situations which often have environments of intensity and competing priorities keep calm under pressure, with an aptitude for troubleshooting issues and tracking down resources issues and tracking down resources while effectively driving work processes and maintaining compliance with policies.
This role requires that you:
* Be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or valid work permit)
* Relocate to the area for non-local residents
* Travel to offices in Calgary as work demands will be required
* Work a regular 40 hrs./week pre commissioning and then 40-50 hrs./week during Commissioning and start-up with transition to rotating shift work afterwards
* Know that during Campaign Maintenance and Turnaround events will require variable and ongoing additional effort including potential for longer hours and shift work and are willing to work outdoors during inclement weather in all seasons.
* Can climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces. Plant design conditions provide structures that are significantly taller than common in industry, individuals must be comfortable with heights as well as travel to and from the workface at heights.
* Can work wearing a respirator or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
* Are willing to comply with the company's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
* Undergo a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, a background check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
* Have a Valid Driver's license
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.