We have a current opportunity for a Procurement Specialist on a contract basis to join our client (a large industrial gases company) in Surrey.
The incumbent is accountable for supporting and guiding the EMEA procurement team of about 60 people in Analytics, Tools, Governance and Sustainability: this encompasses leading procurement process improvement or new initiative programs, implementing new Procurement Tools and guiding the team in its analytical effort.
Guides the team and other departments in the company on Procurement Governance and Sustainability questions or issues, leads processes improvement/changes and initiatives/programs related to Governance and Sustainability
Leads Procurement processes improvement programs and new Procurement tools implementation to completion and adoption by the Procurement Team.
Drives the use of analytical data in the team (using our spend analysis tool), oversees the design/development of reports for the team.
Decision Support for Procurement Leadership in Analytics, Tools, Governance and Sustainability - includes the delivery of analytical data, establishing KPIs, as well performing best practice research.
Knowledge and experience required
* Educate to degree level, procurement or supply chain subjects an advantage
* Experience of Procurement (Sourcing, Supplier Management, Procurement Centre of Excellence)
* Passion for data analysis and analytical tools - ability to see trends and patterns, and skilled at presenting data visually.
* Communication skill : clear and concise, experience in the development of training
* Innovation: experience of working on improvement projects and of working with new IT technology.
* Influence and confidence: ability to articulate a vision and to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
* Experience of SAP ERP System MM module and Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Software is an advantage
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.