Procurement Manager - Contracts
Temporary until March 2024
Site presence will be required.
Location - Rosyth, Fife
Pay rate - £40 to £50 per hour Umbrella PAYE, £30.67-£38.22p PAYE
Accountable for the procurement and contract management of work packages from inception through to contract closure, ensuring supply chain key deliverables are met to agreed project costs, schedule and quality. This includes:
* Managing contract deliverables, supplier progress and performance to ensure effective delivery of contracted requirements
* Managing contract risks and change, and implementing effective mitigations to meet project cost, schedule and quality requirements
* Supporting the delivery of project objectives through the rigorous management of supplier performance with regular progress reporting and stakeholder engagement
The Procurement Manager Contracts will have responsibility for multiple work packages and typically c.£30m expenditure
Key Technical Skills
* Knowledge and practitioner of Project Management principles and practice
* Good understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to manage flow-down terms from customer contracts
* Experience of standard form contracts i.e FIDIC, NEC3, LOGIC and BIMCO
* Cost control, earned value management, planning and budgeting
* In depth understanding and management of contract change and control of variations
* Knowledge and practitioner of contract management, supply principles, processes and practice
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Well-developed ability to manage budgets and interpret financial data
* Develop and manage supplier performance to deliver on schedule and within budget
* Well-developed communication skills and ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders, customers, project team and suppliers at all levels
* Good negotiating and influencing skills at all levels of the business to ensure project requirements are met
* Makes sound decisions of varying complexity based on objective analysis and judgement
* Uses business knowledge to effectively plan ahead, identifying priorities and resources to ensure all tasks are delivered effectively to cost and time
* Takes responsibility for own contribution to the success of personal, team and company objectives in the immediate and longer term
* Self-motivated with drive to deliver results
* Change mind-set with a strong work ethic and ability to manage ambiguity
Experience / Background:
* Extensive experience in managing contract delivery in construction, engineering or manufacturing sectors (5+ years in contract management)
* Advantageous to have a strong Engineering background and experience of complex engineering projects with EPC methodologies
* Engineering Degree or equivalent through work experience (5+ Years' experience
* Project Management or equivalent professional qualification Responsibility / Accountability
* Direct, influence and manage suppliers and stakeholders ensuring timely provision of contracted deliverables (e.g. drawings, specifications, quality requirements, technical and document deliverables, scheduling requirements, progress reports) and on time delivery of equipment, materials and services.
* Lead negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions, contractual risk is minimised and bargaining power across the projects and site is maximised.
* Ensure strict adherence within the supply chain to Client Technical and Quality 'Flow Down' requirements monitoring compliance
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.