We have a current opportunity for a Procurement Advisor on a contract basis. The position will be based in Northop. For further information about this position please apply.
To co-ordinate multi-discipline activities and inputs throughout the full Procurement cycle from the development of enquiry documents, through bid evaluation, pre-award negotiations, preparation of contracts for execution, their subsequent implementation and amendments.
Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
- Preparation of Procurement enquiry documents.
- Undertake formal bid evaluations.
- Involvement in pre-award negotiations.
- Prepare contracts for execution.
- Implementation /amendment of Contracts as appropriate.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To implement and properly follow all Procurement procedures and policies.
- To liaise with Project and Operations and Maintenance personnel in order to prepare and develop appropriate contractual strategy and documentation for tender and negotiation processes.
- To commercially evaluate bids and co-ordinate the technical evaluations of tenders. Assist in assessing the impact of contract exceptions in order to produce recommendation for award of contract, in accordance with agreed time schedules.
- To participate in meetings both internal and external to resolve areas of conflict of a contractual and commercial nature.
- To assist in the negotiation of terms and conditions and determine the extent of risks and liabilities that may be involved and concisely describe such risks to assist in management decisions, in coordination with Integrated Risk Management department.
- To advise on the interpretation of contract terms during contract execution.
- To liaise with external contractors to maintain an awareness of market conditions and to ensure an effective service from them.
- To ensure compliance with company and legislative procedures and required directives throughout all activities.
- To implement any other reasonable request from the Procurement Coordinator and Procurement Manager.
- To ensure adherence to the Company's Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards.
Required Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP, e-tendering systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Oil and Gas industry or Project Procurement experience preferred.
- Contracts and Purchasing experience, including proven negotiation skills and proven experience in undertaking contract evaluations.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.