We have a current opportunity for a Process Team Lead on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Surrey.
The successful candidate will supervise a diverse team of Process engineers (approx. 25 currently) located in the Surrey office.
The team covers a range of technologies including Air Separation units (ASUs), Hydrocarbon Processing plants, Liquid H2, Helium production and liquefaction, CO/Syngas, Ammonia, and large-scale H2 reformers (SMR). The technologies supported are split between both high temperature processes and cryogenic processes.
Our client's team executes designs that span many Industrial Gases for the varying markets .
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Technical oversight and mentoring of the Process team
- Input and guidance into project execution strategies and decisions
- Checking and approval of Process deliverables as required
- Day to day workload balancing across the Process team
- Set objectives, provide feedback and complete end of year performance reviews
- Input to promotion planning and talent reviews
- Support recruitment activities by conducting technical interviews
- Support of Product Line activities (early PDP support, review of Process hours and Functional Execution Strategy review during bids)
- General Process support on DNM, incident investigation, plant technical issues, etc.
- Support Process work requests from ESPS teams
- Effectively interface with Functional Managers to anticipate and resolve inter-disciplinary engineering issues
- Ensure that plant startups are appropriately staffed and support the startup engineers in resolving any difficulties or problems that arise.
To be successful in this role, candidates must:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following technologies preferred: Steam Methane Reformers, Cryogenic Distillation, Air Separation Technology, Ammonia Production, Methanol, Helium Liquefiers, Hydrogen Liquefiers, Electrolysis, PSA Technology, Amine Systems, CO2 Capture/purification
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.