- Posted 16 June 2022
- Contact NameStevie Denoon
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Process Safety Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensures that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all legislation, regulatory requirements, and the company's BMS.
* Develops and promotes appropriate indicators to assess the organisation's effectiveness at reducing and eliminating MAEs and MATTEs.
* Participates in the investigation of incidents with a focus on determining findings and actions that could prevent a future MAE or MATTE.
* Ensures investigation support and guidance is provided when required.
* Leads and participates in investigations as required by the business.
* Supports the collation, presentation and reporting of HSEQ performance data as required by the organisation.
* Supports analysis of HSEQ data to identify weak signals with a specific focus on proactively seeking out process safety weak signals.
* Supports the review of unplanned event reporting to ensure consistency and quality of reporting of HSE related data.
* Seeks improvements to hazard awareness, risk assessment and investigation techniques through industry engagement with the aim to ensure continuous improvement.
* Provides support to the international business as required within the sphere of their responsibility.
* Shows a strong commitment to the fundamentals of process safety and is a champion for the company's lifesaving rules.
* Participates in emergency response support as required.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
Degree qualified in a technical discipline relevant to process engineering or process safety.
* Corporate member (or working towards corporate membership) of a professional body, or similar experience.
* Recognised as having a high level of competency in Process Safety Engineering.
* Detailed knowledge of unplanned event reporting and investigation.
* Knowledge of data collection, analysis and reporting.
* Must hold qualifications required for ad hoc UK offshore visits (BOSIET/FOET).
* Awareness of company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of company's Values & Business Principles
Contract position on a PAYE basis.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.