- Posted 16 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide immediate technical support to site operations for process upsets and front-line trouble shooting to ensure continual safe and efficient delivery of production targets.
* Analyse and resolve short term production/process issues utilizing appropriate techniques, liaising with other discipline support teams for additional advice and support as required.
* Provide process and operational assistance in the preparation, organisation and analysis of site-based trials, issuing of guidelines/procedures as required to ensure trials are controlled and carried out in a safe and meaningful manner.
* Propose and justify modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
* Optimisation of start-up, shutdown and intervention programmes to minimise production shortfalls.
* Creation of temporary operating instructions.
* Analyze CGA equipment performance data to optimize the plant operating conditions
* Member of ER Team
* Carry out daily routine monitoring checks on production critical equipment and wells with the assistance of the well performance engineer as required and propose changes where necessary to optimise the plant and wells to maintain safe and efficient production.
* Provide assistance to environment, production chemistry and hydrocarbon accounting teams in the gathering of data required for monthly reporting of emissions and discharges.
* Ensuring data is accurate and complete, correcting any in a logical and justifiable manner to ensure consents and permits are adhered to.
* Participate in process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline or multi-discipline.
* Provide operational and process engineering input to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Risk Assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
* Provide operational and process engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
Assisting with SCE testing, attending site where possible to ensure performance standards are met and defects are reported by:
* Gathering of data during and following testing.
* Performing technical calculations as required.
* Verifying the results against the OIAVS.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel, other company's business units and 3rd party contractors and vendors through effective communication and regular site visits.
* Analyse and resolve production issues to achieve timely resolution and minimise production shortfalls, whilst ensuring the highest safety standards and compliance with Company / SHE policies, regulations and best practice.
* Comply with Company / SHE policies and regulations and best practice.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent.
* Relevant engineering experience in oil and gas process / production or refining
* Working knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems, flow assurance issues and industry norms and specifications
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063452.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.