- Posted 23 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameStewart Bryson
Provides extensive specialist subject matter expertise in the assessment of nuclear, explosive and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product.
Advises on strategies for the development of safety assessments (safety case/safety basis/risk assessments).
Develops and delivers complex safety analyses, assessments and associated documentation.
- Leads and manages the technical input to the planning and production of safety documentation.
- Delivers safety assessments and other technical safety documentation to agreed standards.
- Monitors the production and delivery of safety documentation, using appropriate metrics.
- Ensure the implementing safety documentation requirements meet the standards set in the MSPs.
- Provides technical input to the production of Company and SESH policy, guidance and strategy.
- Provides technical input to the design and/or delivery of technical training.
- Mentor SAS Assessors and Senior SAS members as part of a planned development activity.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in security, environment, safety and health.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Lead a Safety Assessment Specialist team in the production, delivery of safety justification/documentation and through the governance process.
- Take ownership of safety justification/documentation as directed by Group Leader, Nuclear Safety or SESH Management.
- Ensuring that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for safety are communicated and understood.
- Contributing to processes that assess performance of the development and use of safety assessments and Licence Condition compliance and identify where improvements could be made.
- To assist with verification and checking safety documentation.
- Mentoring others in safety assessment approaches, documentation and techniques
- Maintaining and promoting high standards in security, environment, safety and health
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- Deputise for Group Leader, Nuclear Safety in meetings when requested.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.