Principal Naval Architect
Location - Rosyth/Remote
Rate - £70 per hour Umbrella PAYE
Duration - 6 to 12 months+ contract
Our client, an innovative and successful multi-site Engineering and Marine Business' is seeking to appoint a Principal Naval Architect to join their design team working on the Type 31 Frigate Project at their base in Rosyth, Fife.
* Engineering degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience (Required)
* Chartered Engineer status (Desired)
* Membership of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level (Desired)
Provide leadership in the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
* Ensure effective management of multi discipline teams to ensure timely & efficient delivery of engineering work to meet customer agreed scope.
* Ensure effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress.
* Ensure technical management of the engineering output to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed technical scope.
* Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
* Manage resource demands and development of capability skills to match needs of future workload and coach and mentor members of the team.
* Ensure project and technical audits and review are planned & executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate and in line with agreed standards.
* Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change.
* Support business development opportunities in raising the Babcock profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams. -operation across Engineering and other functional teams
The successful candidate will need to satisfy Baseline Security clearance and Disclosure Scotland requirements.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.