Oversee, manage and grow a team of professionals across 5 Florida offices (Miami, Tampa, Sarasota, Cape Coral and Ocala), providing leadership and support in the areas of project pursuits, proposals, budgeting, and quality control, hiring of survey team personnel, safety, and client relationships. This person regularly interacts with leadership across other business units as representative for Company's Florida surveying operations and oversees the budget and business performance of the individual groups within the Florida survey practice. This position also includes oversight of key projects, resource management, and ability to step in when necessary to aid in project delivery. The Practice Director's overall objective is to lead and grow a strong team and culture that leads to consistent delivery of projects on time and budget.
- Leadership of Florida based surveying staff.
- Direct the acquisition of traditional and new survey equipment, technologies and practices to maintain a relevant, competitive, safe and efficient team that are equipped and trained on the most up to date survey technologies and procedures.
- Encourage and pursue a diverse portfolio of project types ranging from Land Development, Infrastructure, Transportation, Commercial, Residential and others.
- Oversee and support Group Leaders including review of financial performance, team building, etc. Provide the tools necessary for them to grow their groups and increase financial performance.
- Maintain a positive culture!
- Attract new clients and maintain relationships with existing ones.
- Professional registration in the state of Florida (PSM / PLS).
- Prior survey experience preferred in the areas of civil infrastructure, transportation, utilities, water/wastewater, ALTA/ACSM, construction layout & as-built, platting, or some combination thereof.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and motivate a team and find/build/maintain client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent technical skills.
- Budgeting and general accounting skills including proposal development and project management accounting.
- Positive attitude and ability to manage work/life balance for both themselves and their team.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.