- Posted 18 May 2022
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We are looking for Senior Piping Designers to work on a contract basis OUTSIDE of IR35 so ltd company on 6-months + at Buckinghamshire: 3 days a week and 2 days working from home.
- Extensive experience in oil & gas process design.
- Strong technical engineering expertise, ideally in all piping specialties, and a full understanding/experience of the various scopes of projects of all phases, including PMC.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Deep knowledge of the principles of plant layout and piping design including layout of pipework, layout of area for mechanical equipment, development of access & maintenance requirements.
- Understanding of pipe support systems with a technical background of participation in constructability reviews and design reviews (Layout fix, 30%, 60% & 90%).
- Experience of leading multi-office projects.
- Solid knowledge in design and installation of piping networks for oil & gas plants.
- Understanding of UK & International Piping codes & standards.
- Expertise with MicroStation & Autocad in production of 2D drawings.
- Skills in production of 3D models
- Experience in performing material take-off either from model or from general arrangements.
Demonstrable proficiency is essential in the preparation & checking of:
- Site & Plot Layouts.
- Line shoots.
- Equipment design layout.
- Material Take off.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.