Piping & Valves Engineer
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameGary Chapman
We have a current opportunity for a Piping & Valves Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Milan, Italy. For further information about this position please apply. Candidates must have the right to live and work in the EU.
The Piping & Valves Engineer is responsible for the detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, and testing of piping systems, valves, and piping equipment. This is a role working directly for the owner/operator on a major capital LNG project, candidate must have similar recent relevant experience.
* Assure the Piping & Valves discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 2,000 technical documents.
* Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
* Perform the review of detailed engineering works related to, but not necessarily limited to, Piping, Layout, Valves (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, discipline requirements and international codes.
* Perform or supervise the review of piping stress and vibrations studies.
* Identify any deviation from the Project Basis of Requirements and reporting these to the Lead Piping & Valves Engineer.
* Offer technical support to the replies to Contractor and Vendors clarifications and derogations requests.
* Participate, in coordination, with others to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and execution. To attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
* Assist with the review of piping and valves related subjects within other discipline deliverables.
* Participate to PI&D reviews, HAZOP and other safety review meetings.
* Report to the Lead Piping & Valves Engineer any area of concern concerning quality or discipline progress.
* Ensure the quality and completeness of Final Documentation (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors):
o In compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures.
o Allowing an adequate hand-over to the Operation of the Subsidiary
* Support and enforce the HSEQ Project objectives and directives in compliance with the Project HSEQ management system.
* During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
* Ensure timely delivery, review, and approval of studies and documents under his responsibility to enable the procurement, fabrication, and Construction / Installation of piping equipment, piping systems and valves.
* Work in the Piping & Valves Engineering team in the overall Engineering organization.
* Work in the Piping & Valves team during field activities.
* Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
* Registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent preferred
* Proficient in English language.
* Eight (8) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
* Good understanding of the design and operation of Piping and Valves on a large-scale LNG plant. Strong knowledge of Stress analysis and Vibration assessments.
* Specific experience in the design and selection of Cryogenic components, including Valves/ Actuators, HIPPS and Vessel / Heat Exchanger interfaces.
* Previous experience pertaining to Engineering deliverables, such as, Piping Design Philosophy, Plot Plans, Layout Drawings, 3D Model, Piping and Valve Specifications, MTO, Piping supports and hangers, Acoustic and Flow induced vibration analysis, Thermal and Mechanical stress analysis, Piping SP Items Data Sheets, Mechanical material handling report and Technical Bid Analysis.
* Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.