- Posted 06 May 2022
- Salary£675 - £750 per day + 28/28 rota
- Contact NameMichael DaCosta
Lead Pipeline Integrity Engineer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Pipeline Integrity TA based in Hassi Messaoud, Algeria on a rotational (28/28) contract basis.
The Pipeline Integrity Lead / Technical Authority has the following main areas of responsibility:
- Deliver In-service Pipeline Integrity Assurance to the Integrity Team Leader.
- Manage the Pipeline team with Pipeline Engineers.
- Co-ordinate the Pipeline Integrity Management work and reporting
- Be responsible for the integrity of all pipeline systems (PIMS).
- Provide assurance through a set of performance indicators with regards to the PIMS.
- Manage the Pipeline related contractors - Cathodic Protection Surveys, Intelligent Pigging Campaigns, and Pipeline Integrity Support Services.
As the Pipeline Engineer, you shall
- Ensure that the Pipeline team works efficiently to execute the required Pipeline Integrity work.
- Manage the Pipeline team members and Pipeline related contractors.
- Ensure proper planning, manning, execution, and reporting of all inspection and corrosion management activities.
- Provide a focal point for Pipeline Integrity Management and report to Integrity TL.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a set of Integrity Management Strategies to cover all equipment related to PIMS.
- Develop, implement and manage compliance with PIMS.
- Maintain the Pipeline Integrity Management plan
- Monitor and report on all work carried out against the plan.
- Assist in improving organisation awareness of integrity management.
- Coaching of personnel on the importance and principles of integrity management.
- Awareness campaigns for corrosion, integrity defect reporting etc.
- Directly manage onsite Cathodic Protection Surveys of Pipelines and Central processing facility Cathodic protection systems - including tanks. Raise contracts, manage mobilisations, manage onsite work execution, publish results and report to manage any findings.
- Manage the repair and remediation of CP system Anomalies in cooperation with Maintenance and construction.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years with broad experience in design, construction, technical safety, and in-service operations of oil and gas pipeline systems and Cathodic Protection facilities
- Familiar with applicable industry standards and practices
- Have a very good level in the English language;
- French or Arabic language is an advantage but not essential
- Critically, candidates must have expert knowledge of In-service pipeline integrity, ILI / Pigging, and Knowledge of CP systems.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.