- Posted 20 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCharlotte Bajorski
Report to : Gas Midstream Assets and Contractors Interface Manager
MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK AND RESIDE IN THE UK.
There is no sponsorship avaialble for this position, and applicants without this will not be considered.
MISSIONS / JOB DIMENSIONS
Responsible of all the activities related to Permits, Consents, Licenses, Notification to Authorities.
Responsible of activities related to Project Engineering Including Interface Management.
Support the Definition, development, implementation and maintenance of an adequate Interfaces Management Systems.
Interfaces Management systems(s) covers both internal interfaces (between Gas Midsream Project, Affiliate, HQ and other Divisions and departments) and external interfaces with SGC, BOC, other Iraq government agencies, the various raw gas compression projects (upstream), the treated products receiving operators (downstream) and the future main EPC Contractors
During FEED Phase:
* Develop the GMP Permits and Consents Register, Organise workshops and meetings as required to formalize the register
* Monitor and maintain the Permits and Consents Register, ensure all actions are expedited and closed in a timely manner.
* Escalate all bottle necks to the hierarchy in a timely manner
* Support the development of Interfaces management policies, plans, procedures and interfaces registers for Contractors and development of the Coordination manual between Project and other Operators (upstream/downstream).
* The job holder supports the finalisation of the Interfaces Basis of design and technical requirements with the Upstream and Downstream Operators in order to secure the robustness of the FEED studies.
* The job holder supports the finalisation of the Interfaces Basis of design and technical requirements for Contractors in order to secure the contractual requirements for the EPC phase.
The job holder reports to the Assets and Contractors Interface Manager and will ensure, as required, the reporting of their activities.
Preparing technical papers to support management position for clarifications/ decisions with regulatory authorities of host countries, other entities or partners.
Coordinating Interface requests/queries to the project, in a timely manner and with due consideration to cost and schedule.
Permits and Consents
* To support the Assets and Contractors Interface Manager as the focal point of contact/responsible person for coordination with Project management and the Iraq Government Bodies (SGC, BOC, MoO, MoE, etc.)
* To ensure that all Permits and Consents approval requests are developed and the Permits & Consents obtained in a timely manner in accordance with the Permits and Consents Register
* To regularly update the Permits & Consents Register with status and generate reports as required.
* To develop and maintain databases, spreadsheets & reporting tools as necessary to carry out the work.
* To coordinate meetings with the Authorities and write the minutes of meetings and obtain sign off of the minutes.
* To coordinate the participation of permitting representatives assigned to the Project.
* To carry out any duties assigned in furtherance of the above activities or other activities as assigned by hierarchy
* Supports the Assets and Contractors Interface Manager in the following:
o Identify early arising issues related to interface and proactively prepare and implement mitigations plans
o Organise weekly and/or monthly coordination meetings with other gas fields compression project PMT, interfacing with the gas hub project
o Identify all interfaces resulting from the split of work packages and make sure the corresponding split of responsibilities is covered
o Contribute to the evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review/approval of deliverables from the design contractor (Engineering drawings, calculation notes, specifications, procedures...)
o Organise technical meetings to follow up progress, explain main comments, and provide guidance etc
o Meetings: keep regular and good quality communication with their counterpart(s) on Interfacing Operators/Contractor's side.
* Reporting to Assets and Contractors Interface Manager, with regards to their discipline: main technical issue, area of concern, progress, quality etc. Propose mitigation measures when drift is noticed
* Ensure lessons learnt from previous project is well integrated in the project for their discipline
* To comply with HSE requirements and to support and enforce the HSE Project objectives and directives
* To support and implement the Project HSE management system (plans, procedure and specifications)
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The South Gas Company (SGC) is a governmental sector company (public sector) operating in the south of Iraq.
During the FEED studies the operator will provide a technical assistance to SGC Project Management Team for the review of FEED Contractor engineering deliverables.
SGC is developing a Gas Hub which objective is to valorize currently flared associated gas from several onshore oil fields by gathering and transporting this gas to a new gas processing plant (GPP). The Gas Processing Plant facilities will be installed.
The project also includes an extended pipeline interconnecting network together with an export storage and offloading jetty terminal.
The project will be developed in two phases, respectively designed to process 300 MMSCFD of raw gas each.
Multicultural environment: FEED Contractor is primarily based in London. Iraqi rules and regulations, administrative requirements and technical authorizations as well as International codes for onshore plant will apply.
The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes.
In the current context of low oil price, the project needs to be developed on a fast track mode with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
* Job Location :London Greater area for 8 months then relocated to EPC contractor (expected in UAE) for 3 years.
* Regime: Residential
* Mobilisation date: September 2022
* Regular update of the Permits & Consents Register.
* Obtain the required Permits & Consents from the relevant Authorities.
* Act in the best interests of the client, whilst adhering to Company and Affiliate Policies.
* Demonstrate personal commitment to HSE and to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct.
* Supports all the activities related to Interfaces Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Degree : Engineering degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
* Minimum 10-15 years ideally, of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with large scale projects & complex environment, with a good understanding of government relations and maintaining and control of documents.
* Experience in Middle East region is appreciated.
* English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
* Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
* Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
* Good organization and coordination skills, anticipation, discernment and responsiveness.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.