Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Operations & Non-Operations Accounting Team Leader, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide leadership and direction to team members and ensure the full delivery of team and individual objectives.
* Manage the performance of team members e.g., conduct appraisals, identify training and development needs,
* Participate in recruitment, selection, and induction processes.
* Gather inputs and coordinate with other functions to prepare budget, forecast, Management Outlook Calls, Finance Bilateral and BoR submissions for the relevant JVs; input and report the data in the appropriate
* Become the SPOC (Single Point of contact) and hold overall responsibility for all financial Management Information for the UK Business (MOC, UK Budget reforecast, Asset Dashboard, Scorecard, G&A deep dive/dashboard etc)
* Monthly reconciliation & consolidation of UK budget reforecast for all P&L activity
* Coordinate & consolidate the annual Budget Plan process for the UK.
* Responsible for delivery of the UK G&A forecast and budget, including accurate cost allocations and time-writing statistics.
* Ensure all UK Operated JV Budgets and associated AFEs are issued accurately and in a in a timely manner, in accordance with the relevant JoA and that spend against non op AFE's/billings are tracked in accordance with approved budgets.
* Responsible for the full compliance of the relevant accounting articles of the JoA's.
* Responsible for the quality of the processes, controls, and deliverables, performed by the UK Ops and JV (Non-Op) Finance Team, are in line with the company's Accounting processes and guidelines.
* Continually identify risks to delivery; propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
* Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices, under the direction of the Head of Finance.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant Accountancy qualification
* Experience in a similar position in the E&P sector and good understanding of E&P asset performance and activity
* A solid grasp of all financial topics
* Strong Finance systems skills - SAP, Excel, BPC, and BBC.
* An ability to analyse, summarise and comply with tight deadlines.
* Good communication and management skills
* Strong forecasting & budgeting skills
* Ensure accuracy in completed month ends, presentation of data including forecasts and budgets.
* Fully understand and interpret the significance of the financial data and provide insight and a full Business Partnering relationship to all key stakeholders.
* An understanding of and a familiarity with the company's governance and accounting processes and standards
* Language: English required
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069601.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.