Oil Solutions Senior Geologist
- Posted 04 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
Responsible for completing geological analyses, integrating work with other disciplines and teams, and providing business recommendations for the exploration, development and production / injection of hydrocarbon and CCUS reservoirs. This delivery requires effective collaboration and communication with other subsurface team members, and an ability to appropriately communicate subsurface uncertainties and risks within cross-discipline teams in drilling and completions, production operations, finance, technology and other related groups.
- Support management in making informed business decisions on opportunities in the exploration, development and production / injection of hydrocarbon and CCUS reservoirs by delivering technical geological studies, management presentations and documentation. Typical business decisions include acreage access, exploration prospect prioritization and drilling, field appraisal planning & execution, field development planning & execution, infill well and production enhancement (e.g. recompletions & workovers) opportunity identification & execution.
- Collaborate on multi-disciplinary technical studies from basin to pore throat scale using multiple datasets (e.g. core, well log, seismic, analogues, etc…) to underpin a sound understanding and appropriate geological description of reservoirs and overburden, characterization of associated uncertainties and development of alternative geological scenarios.
- Technical geological analyses often include evaluations of tectonics / structure / fracturing, sedimentology / stratigraphy / reservoir quality and basin modelling / fluid geochemistry.
- Integrate technical studies supporting basin analysis, prospect analysis, field appraisal and development planning, building geocellular reservoir models, well planning and execution, assessing production enhancement opportunities, surveillance planning (e.g. core, well logs, seismic), and representing bp at key technical meetings and workshops.
- Provides input into reserves reporting and documentation.
- Shares best practices and technical skills across assets.
- Advanced University Degree (M.A., M.S. or Ph.D.) in geology or related subject.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative team-first mentality, self-motivated, with a strong ability to integrate across disciplines.
- Ability to multi-task and rapidly adapt to changing business priorities
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.