Orion is looking to add a Structural Engineer to our client's team in Metairie, LA. The perfect candidate will have experience with Offshore, steel, or marine structural experience to help service clients in the Gulf of Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform structural engineering services that meet the company's, its customers' and applicable regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
* Perform structural engineering services such as:
* Studies, analyses and provide recommend actions/solutions;
* review existing reports/available data
* detail designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and report,
* propose solutions to install/remove equipment with no crane access;
* perform structural analysis utilizing the SACS™ (analysis types include In‐ place, loadout, transportation, installation) and develop local calculations to support the design
* Communicate effectively with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders.
* Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
* If required, act as the structural engineering lead on specific projects.
* Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
* Ensure discipline technical work meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
* Perform occasional site visits offshore.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
* Knowledgeable in API RP 2A, AISC, AWS
* Working at the office 3 days a week minimum
* 5+ years of experience with 2+ years in offshore platform design
* Must be proficient in SACS
* PE License, or ability to obtain within 6 months (must be an EI if PE license has not yet been obtained)
* Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
* Ability to pass HUET Training
* Possess or ability to obtain TWIC card
* Strong written and verbal communications skills required;
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.