We are looking for a high calibre individual to support the project through its post-PEIR and post-submission phases.
The Offshore Consent Advisor (Biological) will work within the consenting team, reporting to the Consent Lead, to consent and develop this nationally significant projects.
- Responsible for managing the offshore biological aspects of the DCO for the project
- Managing the deliverables of the offshore consultants in the responsible areas
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement in the responsible areas
- Develop and implement strategies for DCO Examination in relevant areas
- Lead and co-ordinate responses across DCO Examination deadlines
- Ensure strong cooperation within the Project for all offshore packages in relation to offshore consenting risk and deliverables;
- Offshore contracts and budget management
- Input and support Consent manager on resource needs, programme and risks in relation to the offshore elements
- Provide updates on key show stoppers on the offshore workstreams to the Consent Manager
- Degree in relevant environmental or consenting discipline
Experience & Job Requirements
- Experience of large scale EIA and/or DCO projects, preferably offshore wind
- Experience of planning examinations or inquiries
- Knowledge of impact assessment for ornithology, marine mammals and fish and shellfish
- Experience of developing strategies for high risk consenting topics within EIA/HRA
- Experience with working in a multidisciplinary team and across different cultures
- Experience with developing and implementing QA process
- Experience with Welsh stakeholders and regulators is an advantage but not essential
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.